Chicago is a Novomatic video slot featuring comic book style criminals and mobsters that can be played on desktop and mobile devices. It’s set in the 1920’s when organised crime and racketeering was rife in the city. The special features include wild symbols that substitute for other symbols and scatter symbols that award additional payouts, as well as triggering 12 free spins. Each winning free spin in the feature has a random multiplier of up to 10x applied with the Bottle Shooting Bonus, which can result in some huge payouts.

Chicago - Paytable

How To Play Chicago Slot

It’s really easy to play Chicago slot but we always recommend taking a look at the paytable before you begin. Click ‘Paytable’ to see the value for each prize symbol and learn how the special features work.

You’ll see that the best paying standard symbols are the mob boss and detective at 2,000x your bet line stake for 5 of a kind respectively. Wild symbols can substitute with any other symbol apart from scatters to make a winning combination. Wilds also combine with one another to award a return, worth up to 10,000x your bet line stake for 5 of a kind. Winning combinations are formed when matching symbols appear in succession from left to right on an active bet line, beginning at the leftmost reel.

Scatter symbols do not follow this rule and can combine anywhere on the reels. Get 2 or more scatters for a return on top of any bet line wins, up to 100x your total bet for 5 scatter symbols. Getting 3 or more scatters will trigger the free spins game. You’ll be awarded 12 free spins with a multiplier of 1x, 2x, 3x, 5x or 10x applied to winning spins during the feature. Getting 3 scatters in the bonus round will result in a further 12 free spins being added to your remaining total.

It’s a very easy game to play with just two adjustments to make. Use the ‘+’ & ‘-’ buttons to set your number of lines and coin value. Once you’re ready to play you can either click ‘Start’ to play manually or use ‘Autoplay’ if you don’t wish to click for each spin of the reels. Upon a winning spin you will be able to collect or gamble your prize. Pick red or black to try and double up but if you get it wrong you will lose all winnings and be returned to the base game. You can gamble up to 5 times or choose to collect after each successful gamble.

You can turn on/off various game sounds via the controls in the top-right corner. There are also buttons to adjust the width and height of the slot window to suit your device’s display settings.

Chicago Slot Tips

You can play Chicago video slot at Bell Fruit Casino but we don’t recommend it for clearing wagering requirements. It’s more of a game for catching big wins before switching to a less risky slot, if you intend to play it with bonus cash.

We played at 20p per spin and our biggest win was £25 in the base game, which works out at 125x our total bet. This highlights that it is possible to win big on this slot. However, you will need to take the rough with the smooth as there can be some dry spins and mediocre returns between notable wins.

It can take a very long time to hit the feature but we persevered and our patience paid off. After getting a couple of 5x multiplier wins we then re-triggered the feature and hit the 10x multiplier. At the end of the feature we had won £60.95 which is equal to just shy of 350x our total stake. You can win really big in the free spins game, with the jackpot for five wilds able to be multiplied 10 times to be worth 100,000x your bet line stake.

Chicago - Video Slot

Is Chicago The Right Slot For You?

Chicago online slot is a high variance game. You’ll need patience and a sizeable bankroll to tackle it. This is not a game for the feint hearted and those looking for light entertainment should find an alternative. You should expect to encounter long barren runs when chasing the considerable casino rewards on offer.

Ther theoretical return to player (RTP) is 95.03% which leaves the casino with a house edge of 4.97%. This is not terrible when compared to other slots but given the volatility of this slot, is certainly worth bearing in mind. We rate this as a game for risk takers that want to chance their luck, so sustained play is best avoided.

The free spins round is genuinely exciting and begins with some uptempo jazz music befitting the era of the game. You’ll then see the five multiplier bottles above the reels which get shot one by one to add to the suspense as you wait to see which multiplier is applied to your winning spin. The anticipation factor can also be found on another mob-based high variance slot in Kings of Chicago by NetEnt, which also comes highly recommended.

More games in Video Slots