Columbus Deluxe

Columbus Deluxe is the follow-up to Columbus and offers a more refined user experience. The main differences are in the graphics and animations that are even better than the original release. There’s also an extra bet line which improves your chances of winning on each spin and you can play this version on mobile. This Novomatic slot is themed on the infamous explorer Christopher Columbus, a major player in the discovery on the New World in the 15th century.

Columbus Deluxe - Paytable

How To Play Columbus Deluxe Slot

Before you play slots online, it’s always a good idea to take a glance at the paytable. Click ‘Paytable’ to see the prize symbol values and learn how the special features work. The bet line mappings are not shown here but you can see them when setting up to play.

Queen Isabella pays best of the standard symbols at 1,000x your line bet for 5 of a kind. Christopher Columbus is wild and can substitute for any other symbol, except scatters. Get 5 of a kind wild symbols to win 5,000x your bet line stake. Bet line wins pay when matching symbols are in succession from left to right, beginning at the leftmost reel.

Scatter symbols do not award returns but are used to trigger 10 free spins. To hit the feature you must spin in a scatter symbol on reels 1, 3 and 5 simultaneously. During free spins, a different set of scatter symbols is used to re-trigger the feature.

It’s really easy to play Columbus Deluxe slot and you’ll be ready to spin in seconds. Use the ‘+’ & ‘-’ buttons to select you desired number of bet lines, noting the path that each one takes across the reels as you add them. Then use the other set of ‘+’ & ‘-’ buttons to set your coin value. The overall cost per spin will be shown in the ‘Bet’ box. Once you’re happy to begin, either click ‘Start’ to play manually or ‘Autoplay’ to initiate automated spins.

On any win, you’ll have the chance to gamble (except when using auto play). Simply select red or black to try and double your returns. You can gamble and win up to 5 times your original prize. However, any incorrect guess will result in you losing your winnings, after which you’ll be returned to the base game.

You can turn off game sounds and music via the icons in the top-right corner. There is also an option to alter the width of the screen to suit your device’s optimal display.

Columbus Deluxe Slot Tips

You can play Columbus Deluxe video slot at Bell Fruit Casino on desktop and mobile devices. It’s a fair choice for playing through wagering requirements. You can win some nice prizes but it does not offer any huge wins like a progressive slot.

We played at £5 per spin and found that the extra bet line did slightly reduce the number of dead spins. However, this is offset by the additional cost to play that bet line which is noticeable during a barren run. Wild symbols help to keep the wins ticking over and are more prevalent in the free spins game.

It didn’t take long to hit the feature but we only hit a single combo from 10 free spins to return a paltry £2.50. However, we had much better luck next time and scooped £67.50. This indicates that triggering the feature does not guarantee a good payout but your chances are certainly increased. Your bankroll will remain untouched while the free spins play out, allowing you multiple attempts to line up 5 wilds for the jackpot of 5,000x your line bet.

Columbus Deluxe - Video Slot

Is Columbus Deluxe The Right Slot For You?

Columbus Deluxe online slot rates as a low to medium variance game. Generally speaking, winning combinations come thick and fast with the occasional dry patch. Wins tend to be small to medium in size and you are unlikely to scoop a huge payout.

The return to player (RTP) is 95.02% which leaves the casino with a house edge of 4.98%. These are not great terms but the low-risk nature of the game means you can still try to beat a bonus with this slot. It’s also a good choice for trying to maximise the entertainment value of your bankroll.

It’s a very easy game to play and you’ll feel like you’re part of the crew. The animations really bring the game to life as you see new lands being discovered. The free spins game uses triumphant orchestral music that you could just imagine being played in a movie when Christopher Columbus sees land on the horizon. It creates a sense of wonderment as the feature plays out and you accumulate multiple wins. It’s certainly a better looking slot that the original Columbus but does come with a touch more risk attached.

More games in Video Slots