The Killer Whale is one of the most majestic creatures on Earth and is the star of Orca slot. This oceanic game by leading software developer Novomatic uses detailed graphics and animations with great sound effects to deliver a stunning experience on desktop and mobile devices. Special features include wild substitutions which make more wins possible and scatter symbols that trigger 10 free spins. In the free spins game, additional wilds are loaded onto the reels with every spin, greatly increasing your chances of hitting a big win.

Orca - Paytable

How To Play Orca Slot

Before you make a splash on Orca, we recommend taking a look at the ‘Paytable’ to see what the prize symbols pay for each combination. From here, you can click ‘More Info’ to learn about the special features and read up on the game rules.

You’ll see that the Orca is the most valuable symbol. Get 5 of a kind to win 1,000x your bet line stake. Wild symbols substitute for any symbol, except scatter symbols. Wilds in this game do not form their own winning combination. Bet line wins pay when matching symbols appear in succession from left to right on an enabled line, beginning at the leftmost reel.

Scatter symbols work in a different way and combine irrespective of bet lines. Scatters appear on reels 1, 2 and 3 only and pay 4x your total stake when 3 appear simultaneously. This will also trigger 10 free spins. In the feature, an additional wild will be added to reels 2, 3, 4 and 5 on each spin. You can also re-trigger free spins by getting 3 more scatters, which will add 5 free spins to your remaining total.

It’s a very easy game to set up and you’ll be ready to spin in seconds. Use the ‘+’ & ‘-’ buttons to select you desired number of bet lines, noting the path that each one takes across the reels as you add them. Then use the other set of ‘+’ & ‘-’ buttons to set your coin value. The overall cost per spin will be shown in the ‘Bet’ box. Once you’re happy to begin, either click ‘Start’ to play manually or ‘Autoplay’ to initiate automated spins.

On any win, you’ll have the chance to gamble (except when using auto play). Simply select red or black to try and double your returns. You can gamble and win up to 5 times your original prize. However, any incorrect guess will result in you losing your winnings, after which you’ll be returned to the base game.

You can turn off game sounds and music via the icons in the top-right corner. There are also options to alter the width of the screen to suit your device’s optimal display and play in full screen mode.

Orca - Online Slot

Orca Slot Tips

You can play Orca online slot at Grosvenor Casino and other operators that host Novomatic slots. It’s not used to headline any welcome offers but can be played with bonus cash. Although the theoretical return to player (RTP) is not great, it’s a slot that can be used to clear wagering requirements but there are better games for bonus beating out there.

We set up at 10p per line for a total cost of £5 per spin when testing out this slot. We didn’t notice any long spells without wins but quite often the returns were less than the cost per spin. The regular appearance of the wild symbols helps to keep the occasional bigger win coming in but your best chance of a big win comes in the feature.

Because scatter symbols only appear on the first three reels, it can take a while to trigger the free spins. However, as the feature progresses, more and more wilds are added to the reels, increasing your chances of hitting the jackpot. You’ll need to fill the board with orca symbols or orcas & wilds to win 50,000x your current line bet.

Orca - Video Slot

Is Orca The Right Slot For You?

Orca video slot is a medium variance game that offers a nice blend of risk and reward. This makes it a good game to target if you’re looking to get a decent amount of entertainment from your bankroll but still want to be able to win a big prize. You can win big on this slot when high-rolling but most casual players will not experience life-changing sums of cash.

The RTP is 95.06% which leaves the casino with a house edge of 4.94%. This doesn’t represent great value over long-term play, so we suggest targeting this game sporadically. If you do intend to play this slot for the purposes of beating wagering requirements, be sure to set the coin value accordingly. As there are 50 lines, larger coin denominations have the potential to burn through cash at a much quicker rate.

It’s a beautifully crafted slot with some nice animations. The orca symbol is particularly impressive as the whale breaches the water and the animation continues across adjacent symbols. When the feature begins an upbeat and spiritual backing track kicks in, which contrasts nicely to the relative silence of the base game. Altogether we found this to be a relaxing and engaging slot that is perfect for switching off and forgetting about the stresses of everyday life.

More games in Video Slots