Katana transports you to ancient Japan for reel-spinning excitement featuring Shoguns and Geishas. It’s a Novomatic video slot that has detailed graphics and animations which look stunning. You’ll benefit from wild substitutions and scatter symbols which make more wins possible. You can trigger 10 free spins, during which expanding wilds can cover entire reels to make big wins possible.

Katana - Paytable

How To Play Katana Slot

Katana slot is a very straightforward game to play but it’s always best to familiarise yourself with the paytable. Click ‘Paytable’ to see the values for each prize symbol and how the special features work. Unfortunately, this slot does not show the mappings for each bet line but you can see the path each one takes across the reels when selecting them.

You’ll see that the geisha is the best paying standard symbol and is worth 800x your bet line stake for 5 in a row. Wilds can substitute for any symbol except scatters. Wild symbols also form a winning combination with one another, worth 1,000x for 5 in a row. Winning combos are formed when matching symbols appear from left to right on an enabled bet line, beginning at the leftmost reel.

Scatter symbols pay in a different way and can combine anywhere on the reels. Scatter wins are paid in addition to any bet line returns. Get 3 or more scatters for a payout, up to 200x your total bet for 5 scatter symbols. Getting 3 or more scatters will also trigger 10 free spins with expanding wilds. During the feature, the shogun wild symbol can cover an entire reel to make multiple winning combinations. You can also win 10 more free spins during the feature, which will be added to your remaining total.

Getting set up to play takes no time at all and it’s very easy to do. Simply use the ‘+’ & ’-’ buttons to set your number of bet lines and coin value accordingly. Check the total cost per spin in the ‘Bet’ box and click ‘Start’ when you’re ready to play. Alternatively, if you don’t wish to click for every spin, then use ‘Autoplay’ to initiate the auto spin feature.

Upon each winning combination, you’ll have the opportunity to collect or gamble your winnings (not available during auto play). You’ll be asked to choose red or black to try and double up. You can gamble up to 5 times but if you get it wrong, you’ll lose your winnings and be returned to the base game.

You can turn off game sounds and music via the icons in the top-right corner. There is also an option to alter the width of the screen to suit your device’s optimal display.

Katana Slot Tips

You can play Katana online slot at Mybet Casino but it’s unfortunately not available on mobile. We tested it out at £1 per spin and over hundreds of rounds we didn’t stray far from our starting balance, which indicates that this is a good slot for clearing wagering requirements of the casino bonus. Our longest spell without a win was 6 spins but this happened rarely and we tended to get something back every few spins. Generally speaking, wins in the base game were middle of the road but you can pocket some nice casino rewards in the feature.

We had to be patient to trigger the free spins but the wait was certainly worth our while. The feature re-triggered twice and we scooped £125.50 from 30 free spins, just over 125x our total stake and we could have won much more. This slot is not going to make you rich but the potential for a 1,000x line bet payout ensures that you can pocket a nice payout.

Katana - Video Slot

Is Katana The Right Slot For You?

Katana video slot offers medium variance entertainment and a balanced play style. You should expect to encounter some brief barren spells with every hope of landing a nice win. The return to player (RTP) is 95.02% which leaves the casino with a house edge of 4.98%. This is okay for an online slot without being great and allows you to take a stab at beating the house in any given session.

It goes without saying that anyone interested in Japanese history and culture will appreciate this slot. However, it has much to offer the general slot player too. You can take your time and dabble in the gamble feature to try and boost any mediocre returns or rattle through the spins with the auto play function. The base game offers simple reel-spinning entertainment but the free spins bonus will get your pulse racing.

Upon hitting the feature, you’ll hear triumphant music as the samurai sword is released from it’s stand. The free spins game has upbeat Japanese music and you’ll be on tenterhooks waiting to see the shogun wild. When he appears, a traditional paper door will cover the reel and slide off to reveal the expanding wild, creating multiple winning bet lines.

More games in Video Slots

Related News

Book Of Ra Deluxe - Video Slot

Book Of Ra: Still A Novomatic Favourite

Novomatic slots offer great reel-spinning fun in a range of styles and themes. There are classic slots and more modern…
Read More