Gunsmoke is a Western slot based on the popular American TV series of the same name. You’ll be helping Marshall Dillon, Deputy Festus and Miss Kitty catch WANTED criminals in Dodge City to earn big casino rewards. It’s packed with cowboys, outlaws and all of the signature items you’d expect to see in a Western movie. This 2by2 Gaming video slot is presented on the Microgaming Quickfire platform and plays on both desktop and mobile devices.

Gunsmoke - Paytable

How To Play Gunsmoke Slot

Although Gunsmoke slot has quite a few features, it’s actually very easy to play. Click the blue ‘?’ to see the bet line mappings and prize symbol values. You can also learn how the special features work before you begin. Winning bet lines are formed when matching symbols appear in succession from left to right on a bet line, beginning at the leftmost reel.

You’ll see that the three character symbols and the wild symbols are stacked 2 high. The Marshall is the most valuable and will pay 750x your bet line stake for 5 of a kind. Wilds appear on reel 3 only and substitute for all symbols except scatter symbols. The appearance of a wild also triggers the Wanted Poster Bonus Feature. This will randomly award one of the following; 2x multiplier, 3x multiplier, reel 3 wild, 4x multiplier or 5x multiplier. If a multiplier is selected, it will be applied to all wins involving the wild symbol. If the wild reel is selected, the entire reel will become wild and symbols will be substituted in the usual way.

Scatter symbols can combine anywhere on the reels to award a payout on top of bet line wins, up to 5x your overall stake for 5 scatters. They are also used to trigger both the Wanted Free Spins game and the Shootout Bonus feature. You will see a short film of Marshall Dillon and one of the features will be randomly selected. In Wanted Free Spins, 3, 4 or 5 triggering symbols will award 8, 12 and 16 free spins respectively. The multipliers for the Wanted Poster Bonus will also be increased to 6x, 7x, 8x and 10x.

The Shoutout Bonus is a combination of picking and free spins. Get 3, 4 or 5 scatters to be awarded 3, 4 or 5 picks and 6, 10, or 15 free spins respectively. You will be shown 12 items which hide mystery values, which you must attempt to match up to win additional free spins. Get 2, 3 or 4 amounts to win an additional 2, 4 or 6 free spins. In this feature, all of the free spins are played with reel 3 being wild.

Setting up the game is a simple process and takes no more than a few seconds. Use the ‘+’ & ‘-’ buttons to set your coin value and number of coins. Check the cost per spin in the ‘Bet’ box and click the big green play button in the bottom right to begin. If you don’t wish to click for each spin, use ‘Auto Play’ to initiate up to 25 automated spins.

You can turn on/off game sounds via the speaker icon in the top-right. The question mark will take you to a help menu where there are more detailed instructions and game rules.

Gunsmoke Slot Tips

You can play Gunsmoke video slot at 188BET Casino and Comeon Casino. It’s not used to headline any welcome packages but can be played with bonus cash if you wish. However, we see this as more of a game to try and hit a big win than play through the wagering requirements of a casino bonus.

When testing this game, we found that while there were not many dry spins, the wins tended to be mediocre and often lower than the overall cost per spin. Playing at £2 per spin, our best win in the base game was £48. The Wanted Poster feature does help to increase your take but this slot is all about hitting the feature.

Now this is no mean feat, we played well over 100 spins before getting 3 scatters and were awarded 8 Wanted Free Spins. With a few good multipliers and wins with the wild reel, we scooped just over £50 which was quite disappointing. However, the potential to win big is clear as the jackpot can be multiplied 10x to become 7,500x your bet line stake.

Gunsmoke - Video Slot

Is Gunsmoke The Right Slot For You?

Gunsmoke online slot is not a game to take lightly. It’s medium to high in variance which means that you’ll need to keep stakes low and be willing to throw some cash at it to chase the big wins on offer. The RTP is 96.27% which is good for an online slot and leaves the casino with a house edge of just 3.73%.

It’s the ideal slot for any true Western fan that is looking to hit a big win. The cut scenes from the Gunsmoke TV show are sure to bring back memories to players of a certain age. It’s very easy going and has a relaxed, almost sedate pace. With this in mind, it’s not a slot for those who like to rattle through the spins.

To sum this slot up, it’s ideal for those who don’t mind risking an expendable bankroll in the hope of pocketing a nice payout. You will need to be patient and accept that some sessions will be fruitless but much like Dead or Alive, when you hit a big win, you’ll be laughing your way to the bank.

More games in Video Slots